Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wrist corsage tutorial


Today I made some wrist corsages and prepared a tutorial for you.
It is quite easy and the end result is amazing.


Materials needed:

* ribbons
* elastic band
* flowers
* needle and thread (glue gun)

Step 1:


Make the foundation wristlet by positioning the elastic right in the middle of the ribbon and sew it with a zig-zag stitch. When sewing pull the elastic slightly making tension. When finished back stitch it. I made mine about 20 cm long. You can measure it before hand according to the size of your wrist. I advice you to make it longer; you can adjust the length afterwards.


After you measure it on your wrist, pin it and sew both ends together.

Step 2:



Make petals with the ribbon.
I made several and sewed them together.




Step 3:



Add a contrasting ribbon. I chose white for my corsage and made it smaller than the purple one. Sew it on top.

Step 4:



Add flowers and attach them to the base. I sewed mine, but you can use a glue gun for this purpose. You may also add beads, buttons, pieces of fabric... whatever suits your imagination!
Attach the whole set to the foundation wristlet by sewing it tightly and your wrist corsage is finished!


Enjoy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning - love it!

creativejewishmom/ said...

gorgeous Maya, and love the colors....thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, great to see you, even if you did sneak in at the very end! all the best, Sara

Papgena Made It said...

So beautiful! A little bit of spring in the fall!! :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you ladies! As Papgena said: a bit of spring in fall!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I never knew that you could use the elastic cording like that. This project has so many possibilities. Love it! so would my big girl!

Maya Kuzman said...

I am so glad you like it KJ!

Clara in Paradise said...

Very lovely. Were these for a special occasion, or are you the type to walk around wearing a corsage for no reason? :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Ha,ha! That sounds great. We might try it Clara. :)
I made it for Eva and her best friend to wear at another friend's (costume) birthday party.

AllieMakes! said...

That is really cool! Thank you for the instruction!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I have always made mine from "garters" as the base, or "hair scrunchies" (pretty silky or lace ones), as the wristlet base... but yours ROCK!

Maya Kuzman said...

Garters you say White Dove... hmmm.. I also make garters but it never occurred to me to combine the two! Thank you for dropping by!