Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cork Necklace - Satellite Necklace 2



I have been slowly working on my cork project simply because I usually juggle 3-4 projects simultaneously. Anyway, today I managed to finish this one and put it in the shop.
The cork is embroidered with DMC cotton embroidery floss in gold and teal.

For anyone interested in making these, the tutorial is already scheduled with the Etsy blog in April and I'll let you know when it goes live.

Here's "Satellite Necklace 1" in case you were wondering about the title :)
And some more cork gorgeousness here and here

6 comments:

Muireann said...

I love this! I have a collection of corks and I had hoped to make some kind of jewellery from some of them, but was never sure what I could do. I'm looking forward to the tutorial!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Isn't it hard to work through the cork? The result is very pretty! And the ruffly clothing in your previous post is dreamy. I love the cream shirt with the cape. So pretty! Hope your day is great. Tammy

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I would never think to fashion jewelry out of cork but this is brilliant and quite pretty as well! I really like the colors you chose!
rolala loves

Unknown said...

So clever to use cork in your designs Maya, it looks beautiful!

Carla said...

Beautifully-clever! Great job!

Connie said...

I am absolutely in love with this necklace! And what a creative and new idea. I have never seen anything like it. Keep up the great work!